- Introduction to the Course
- 1. Another Perspective on Wealth
- 2. Setting Personal Goals
- 3. Budgeting and Measuring Financial Health
- 4. Understanding Credit
- 5. Consumer and Mortgage Loans
- 6. Debt and Debt Reduction
- 7. Time Value of Money 1: Present and Future Value
- 8. Time Value of Money 2: Inflation, Real Returns, Annuities, and Amortized Loans
- 9. Insurance Basics
- 10. Life Insurance
- 11. Health, Long-term Care, and Disability Insurance
- 12. Auto, Homeowners, and Liability Insurance
- 13. The Home Decision
- 14. The Auto Decision
- 15. Investments 1: Principles
- 16. Investments 2: Application
- 17. Learning to Give
- 18. Decide to Decide
4. Understanding Credit
This section focuses on the following four objectives to help you better understand credit reports and credit cards:
A. Learn about credit bureaus, credit reports, and credit scoring.
B. Identify appropriate uses for credit cards and explain how they can help you achieve your financial goals.
C. Learn how to manage credit cards and open credit.
D. Learn how credit cards work and describe the costs involved.
Please read the chapter on "Understanding and Managing Credit" (PDF)
Here are the assignments for "Understanding and Managing Credit"
The following learning tools may be helpful with this chapter:
Credit Report Sources: