- Introduction to the Course
- 1. Another Perspective on Wealth
- 2. Setting Personal Goals
- 3. Budgeting and Measuring Financial Health
- 4. Understanding Credit
- 5. Consumer and Mortgage Loans
- 6. Debt and Debt Reduction
- 7. Time Value of Money 1: Present and Future Value
- 8. Time Value of Money 2: Inflation, Real Returns, Annuities, and Amortized Loans
- 9. Insurance Basics
- 10. Life Insurance
- 11. Health, Long-term Care, and Disability Insurance
- 12. Auto, Homeowners, and Liability Insurance
- 13. The Home Decision
- 14. The Auto Decision
- 15. Investments 1: Principles
- 16. Investments 2: Application
- 17. Learning to Give
- 18. Decide to Decide
9. Insurance Basics
When you have completed this section, you should be able to do the following:
A. Understand what Church leaders have said regarding insurance.
B. Realize the importance of insurance.
C. Understand the key principles of insurance planning.
Please read the chapter on "Insurance Basics" (PDF)
Here are the assignments for "Insurance Basics"
The following learning tools may be helpful with this chapter:
Insurance Company Ratings: