- Introduction to the Course
- 1. Another Perspective on Wealth
- 2. Setting Personal Goals
- 3. Budgeting and Measuring Financial Health
- 4. Understanding Credit
- 5. Consumer and Mortgage Loans
- 6. Debt and Debt Reduction
- 7. Time Value of Money 1: Present and Future Value
- 8. Time Value of Money 2: Inflation, Real Returns, Annuities, and Amortized Loans
- 9. Insurance Basics
- 10. Life Insurance
- 11. Health, Long-term Care, and Disability Insurance
- 12. Auto, Homeowners, and Liability Insurance
- 13. The Home Decision
- 14. The Auto Decision
- 15. Investments 1: Principles
- 16. Investments 2: Application
- 17. Learning to Give
- 18. Decide to Decide
5. Consumer and Mortgage Loans
At the completion of this chapter, you will:
A. Understand how consumer loans can keep you from achieving your goals.
B. Explain the characteristics and costs of consumer loans.
C. Explain the characteristics and costs of mortgage loans.
D. Understand how to select the least expensive sources for consumer loans and how to reduce the costs of borrowing.
Please read the chapter on "Consumer and Mortgage Loans" (PDF)
Here are the assignments for "Consumer and Mortgage Loans"
The following learning tools may be helpful with this chapter:
Other Good Sources of Information on Mortgages: