- Tax Planning
- Investments 1: Before you Invest
- Investments 2: Your Investment Plan
- Investments 3: Securities Market Basics
- Investments 4: Bond Basics
- Investments 5: Stock Basics
- Investments 6: Mutual Fund Basics
- Investments 7: Building Your Portfolio
- Investments 8: Picking Financial Assets
- Investments 9: Portfolio Rebalancing and Reporting
- Retirement 1: Basics
- Retirement 2: Social Security
- Retirement 3: Employer Qualified Plans
- Retirement 4: Individual and Small Business Plans
- Estate Planning Basics
Investments 3: Securities Market Basics
Title: Investments 3: Securities Market Basics
Course Description This is the third section of an advanced course on investing. It discusses the different types of securities markets, the basics of brokers and investment advisors, the process of buying and selling securities, how to choose an investment advisor, and the uses and types of benchmarks.
Difficulty Level This course is recommended for individuals with some college experience and some math ability. You should also have a good understanding of the time value of money.
Time to Complete: To complete this section will take about an hour.
Prerequisites for this Course I recommend you first complete the courses on Another Perspective on Wealth, Time Value of Money 1, Time Value of Money 2, Investing 1: Before You Invest, and Investing 2: Your Investment Plan.