- Tax Planning
- Investments 1: Before you Invest
- Investments 2: Your Investment Plan
- Investments 3: Securities Market Basics
- Investments 4: Bond Basics
- Investments 5: Stock Basics
- Investments 6: Mutual Fund Basics
- Investments 7: Building Your Portfolio
- Investments 8: Picking Financial Assets
- Investments 9: Portfolio Rebalancing and Reporting
- Retirement 1: Basics
- Retirement 2: Social Security
- Retirement 3: Employer Qualified Plans
- Retirement 4: Individual and Small Business Plans
- Estate Planning Basics
Retirement 3: Employer Qualified Plans
Title: Retirement 3: Employer Qualified Plans
Course Description: This is the third section of an intermediate course on Retirement Planning. It discusses employer qualified retirement plans including defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
Difficulty Level: Advanced. This course is recommended for individuals with some college experience and some math ability.
Time to Complete: To complete this section will take about an hour.
Output: With the successful conclusion of these lessons on Retirement Planning, you will have completed a retirement plan which includes your goals for retirement, how much you will need to save each month (Learning Tool 6: Retirement Planning Needs Worksheet), and your preferred retirement vehicles. It also gives a means of checking whether you are on track to meet your retirement goals (Learning Tool 25: Retirement Planning Ratio Forecasts).
Prerequisites for this Course: None. It is recommended that you first complete the courses on Another Perspective on Wealth, Time Value of Money 1, Time Value of Money 2, Investments 1: Before You Invest, Investments 2: Your Investment Plan, Investments 7: Building Your Portfolio, Investments 8: Picking Financial Assets, and Retirement 1: Basics.