- Tax Planning
- Investments 1: Before you Invest
- Investments 2: Your Investment Plan
- Investments 3: Securities Market Basics
- Investments 4: Bond Basics
- Investments 5: Stock Basics
- Investments 6: Mutual Fund Basics
- Investments 7: Building Your Portfolio
- Investments 8: Picking Financial Assets
- Investments 9: Portfolio Rebalancing and Reporting
- Retirement 1: Basics
- Retirement 2: Social Security
- Retirement 3: Employer Qualified Plans
- Retirement 4: Individual and Small Business Plans
- Estate Planning Basics
Investments 7: Building Your Portfolio
Title: Investments 7: Building Your Portfolio
Course Description: This is the seventh section of an advanced course on investing. It discusses the “priority of money,” the elements of a successful investment portfolio, and a recommended way to build your investment portfolio.
Difficulty Level: Advanced. This course is recommended for individuals with some college experience and some math ability. You should also have a good understanding of the time value of money
Time to Complete: To complete this section will take about an hour.
Prerequisites for this Course: None. I recommend you first complete the courses on Another Perspective on Wealth, Time Value of Money 1; Time Value of Money 2; Investments 1: Before You Invest; and Investments 2: Your Investment Plan.