- Tax Planning
- Investments 1: Before you Invest
- Investments 2: Your Investment Plan
- Investments 3: Securities Market Basics
- Investments 4: Bond Basics
- Investments 5: Stock Basics
- Investments 6: Mutual Fund Basics
- Investments 7: Building Your Portfolio
- Investments 8: Picking Financial Assets
- Investments 9: Portfolio Rebalancing and Reporting
- Retirement 1: Basics
- Retirement 2: Social Security
- Retirement 3: Employer Qualified Plans
- Retirement 4: Individual and Small Business Plans
- Estate Planning Basics
Investments 6: Mutual Fund Basics
Title: Investments 6: Mutual Fund Basics
Course Description: This is the sixth section of an advanced course on investing. It talks about the basics of mutual funds, including risk and return, terminology, calculation of returns, how to buy, and the costs of investing.
Difficulty Level: Advanced. This course is recommended for individuals with some college experience and some math ability. You should also have a good understanding of the time value of money
Time to Complete: To complete this section will take about an hour.
Prerequisites for this Course: None. I recommend you first complete the courses on Another Perspective on Wealth, Time Value of Money 1, Time Value of Money 2, Investments 1: Before You Invest, and Investments 2: Your Investment Plan.