- Tax Planning
- Investments 1: Before you Invest
- Investments 2: Your Investment Plan
- Investments 3: Securities Market Basics
- Investments 4: Bond Basics
- Investments 5: Stock Basics
- Investments 6: Mutual Fund Basics
- Investments 7: Building Your Portfolio
- Investments 8: Picking Financial Assets
- Investments 9: Portfolio Rebalancing and Reporting
- Retirement 1: Basics
- Retirement 2: Social Security
- Retirement 3: Employer Qualified Plans
- Retirement 4: Individual and Small Business Plans
- Estate Planning Basics
Investments 2: Your Investment Plan
Title: Investments 2: Creating a Personal Investment Plan
Course Description: This is the second section of an advanced course on investing. It discusses the importance of financial goals and how to set them, and the importance of your investment plan and how to prepare it. It warns against “get rich quick” schemes and how to avoid them.
Difficulty Level: Advanced. This course is recommended for individuals with some college experience and some math ability. You should also have a good understanding of the time value of money.
Time to Complete: To complete this section will take about an hour.
Output: With the successful conclusion of this section, you will have copies Learning Tool 5: An Investment Plan Example and will be changing it to fit your personal situation. We will discuss this more in later courses.
Prerequisites for this Course: None. I recommend you first complete the courses on Another Perspective on Wealth, Time Value of Money 1, Time Value of Money 2, and Investing 1: Before You Invest.