- Tax Planning
- Investments 1: Before you Invest
- Investments 2: Your Investment Plan
- Investments 3: Securities Market Basics
- Investments 4: Bond Basics
- Investments 5: Stock Basics
- Investments 6: Mutual Fund Basics
- Investments 7: Building Your Portfolio
- Investments 8: Picking Financial Assets
- Investments 9: Portfolio Rebalancing and Reporting
- Retirement 1: Basics
- Retirement 2: Social Security
- Retirement 3: Employer Qualified Plans
- Retirement 4: Individual and Small Business Plans
- Estate Planning Basics
Investments 1: Before you Invest
Title: Investments 1: Before You Invest
Course Description: This is the first section of an advanced course on investing. It utilizes a passive approach to investing, as most people do not have the time, money, knowledge, or inclination to invest actively. It starts with the things to do before investing, principles of successful investing.
Difficulty Level: Advanced. This course is recommended for individuals with some college experience and some math ability. You should also have a good understanding of the time value of money.
Time to Complete: To complete this section will take about an hour.
Output: With the successful conclusion of this section, you will have taken a Risk Tolerance Test (Learning Tool 16: A Risk Tolerance Test) to help you understand how much risk you are willing to take and give you an idea of what type of investor you are.
Prerequisites for this Course: None. I recommend you first complete the courses on Another Perspective on Wealth, Time Value of Money 1, and Time Value of Money 2.