- Cash Management
- Consumer and Mortgage Loans
- Debt and Debt Reduction
- Time Value of Money 1: Present and Future Value
- Time Value of Money 2: Inflation, Real Returns, Annuities, and Amortized Loans
- Insurance 1: Basics
- Insurance 2: Life Insurance
- Insurance 3: Health, Long-term Care, and Disability Insurance
- Insurance 4: Auto, Homeowners, and Liability Insurance
- The Home Decision
- The Auto Decision
- Determine How a Car Fits into Your Financial Plan
- Understand Key Issues of Auto Ownership
- Understand How to Buy or Lease a New Car and Understand the Lease Versus Buy Decision
- Understand the Challenges of Buying a Used Vehicle
- V. Understand the Special Challenges of Leasing
- Family 1: Money and Marriage
- Family 2: Teaching Children Financial Responsibility
- Family 3: Financing Children’s Education and Missions
- Investments A: Key Lessons of Investing
- Investments B: Key Lessons of Investing
The Auto Decision
Title: The Auto Decision
Description: This is an intermediate course on the decision to lease, or buy a car. It discusses the benefits and costs of both the leasing and buying decision, then gives a format to compare alternatives.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate. This course is recommended for individuals with some college education.
Time to Complete: To complete this course, I estimate it will take about forty minutes to an hour.
Output: None. However, it does give a spreadsheet on how to compare the all-in costs of buying versus leasing a vehicle give some very specific assumptions on financing (Teaching Tool 22: Lease versus Buy Analysis).
Prerequisites for this Course: None. The lesson on Another Perspective is recommended before you take this course, as well as the lessons on the Time Value of Money.