- Cash Management
- Consumer and Mortgage Loans
- Debt and Debt Reduction
- Time Value of Money 1: Present and Future Value
- Time Value of Money 2: Inflation, Real Returns, Annuities, and Amortized Loans
- Insurance 1: Basics
- Insurance 2: Life Insurance
- Insurance 3: Health, Long-term Care, and Disability Insurance
- Insurance 4: Auto, Homeowners, and Liability Insurance
- The Home Decision
- The Auto Decision
- Family 1: Money and Marriage
- Family 2: Teaching Children Financial Responsibility
- Family 3: Financing Children’s Education and Missions
- Investments A: Key Lessons of Investing
- Investments B: Key Lessons of Investing
Insurance 1: Basics
Title: Insurance 1: Basics
Description: This is an intermediate course on the basics of insurance. It includes the major types of insurance most individuals and families should be concerned about, including life insurance, health insurance, and auto, homeowners and liability insurance. It gives the benefits and costs of the different types of insurance and then gives recommendations as to how to best meet your needs.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate. This course is recommended for individuals with some college and some math.
Time to Complete: To complete this course of four lessons on insurance, I estimate it will take about four hours, or forty minutes to an hour per section.
Prerequisites for this Course: None. The lesson on Another Perspective is recommended before you take this course.