- Cash Management
- Consumer and Mortgage Loans
- Debt and Debt Reduction
- Time Value of Money 1: Present and Future Value
- Time Value of Money 2: Inflation, Real Returns, Annuities, and Amortized Loans
- Insurance 1: Basics
- Insurance 2: Life Insurance
- Insurance 3: Health, Long-term Care, and Disability Insurance
- Insurance 4: Auto, Homeowners, and Liability Insurance
- The Home Decision
- The Auto Decision
- Family 1: Money and Marriage
- Family 2: Teaching Children Financial Responsibility
- Family 3: Financing Children’s Education and Missions
- Investments A: Key Lessons of Investing
- Investments B: Key Lessons of Investing
Time Value of Money 2: Inflation, Real Returns, Annuities, and Amortized Loans
Description: This is an intermediate course on the importance of understanding the time value of money. This is a critical part of the language of finance. This section discusses inflation, real returns, annuities, and amortized loans.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate. This course is recommended for all individuals.
Time to Complete: To complete this course, I estimate it will take about an hour.
Output: I recommend that you get either a financial calculator, or use the Excel based financial calculator from the Learning Tools (Learning Tool 12: An Excel Based Financial Calculator). You will learn how to use your financial calculators in the process of learning about the time value of money. A tutorial on how to use the major types of financial calculators is also included (Learning Tool 3: Financial Calculator Tutorial).
Prerequisites for this Course: None. I recommend you first complete the Another Perspective on Wealth course and the Time Value of Money 1 course.