- Cash Management
- Consumer and Mortgage Loans
- Debt and Debt Reduction
- Time Value of Money 1: Present and Future Value
- Time Value of Money 2: Inflation, Real Returns, Annuities, and Amortized Loans
- Insurance 1: Basics
- Insurance 2: Life Insurance
- Insurance 3: Health, Long-term Care, and Disability Insurance
- Insurance 4: Auto, Homeowners, and Liability Insurance
- The Home Decision
- The Auto Decision
- Family 1: Money and Marriage
- Family 2: Teaching Children Financial Responsibility
- Family 3: Financing Children’s Education and Missions
- Investments A: Key Lessons of Investing
- Investments B: Key Lessons of Investing
Debt and Debt Reduction
Description: This is a beginning course on the importance of understanding and avoiding debt. It discusses the underlying reasons we go into debt, and how to get yourself out of debt once you are in debt.
Difficulty Level: Beginning. This course is recommended for all individuals.
Time to Complete: To complete this course, I estimate it will take about forty minutes to an hour.
Output: None. However, there are debt reduction spreadsheets (Teaching Tool 9: Debt Amortization and Prepayment, and Teaching Tool 20: Debt Elimination Spreadsheet with Accelerator) that may be useful in helping you get out of debt if you are currently in debt.
Prerequisites for this Course: None. I recommend that you first complete the Another Perspective on Wealth Course.