- Cash Management
- Consumer and Mortgage Loans
- Understand How Consumer Loans Can Keep You from Achieving Your Goals
- Explain the Characteristics and Costs of Consumer Loans
- Explain the Characteristics and Costs of Mortgage Loans
- Understand How to Select the Least Expensive Sources for Consumer Loans and How to Reduce the Costs of Borrowing
- Debt and Debt Reduction
- Time Value of Money 1: Present and Future Value
- Time Value of Money 2: Inflation, Real Returns, Annuities, and Amortized Loans
- Insurance 1: Basics
- Insurance 2: Life Insurance
- Insurance 3: Health, Long-term Care, and Disability Insurance
- Insurance 4: Auto, Homeowners, and Liability Insurance
- The Home Decision
- The Auto Decision
- Family 1: Money and Marriage
- Family 2: Teaching Children Financial Responsibility
- Family 3: Financing Children’s Education and Missions
- Investments A: Key Lessons of Investing
- Investments B: Key Lessons of Investing
Consumer and Mortgage Loans
Title: Consumer and Mortgage Loans
Description: This is a beginning course on the importance of understanding consumer and mortgage loans. It discusses the different types of consumer loans, from the lowest cost, to the highest cost, and gives recommendations if you must finance consumer loans. It also gives a description of the different types of mortgage loans, and aids in the choosing between the various options for home financing.
Difficulty Level: Beginning. This course is recommended for all individuals.
Time to Complete: To complete this course, I estimate it will take about one to two hours.
Output: As an assignment, I recommend that you get either a financial calculator, or use the Excel based financial calculator from the Teaching Tools. You will learn how to use your financial calculators in the process of learning about the time value of money.
Prerequisites for this Course: None. I recommend you first complete the Another Perspective on Wealth Course.