- Tax Planning
- Understand What Our Leaders Have Said Regarding Taxes
- Understand How Tax Planning Can Help You Attain Your Personal Goals
- Understand the Tax Process and Tax Strategies to Help You Lower Your Taxes
- Understand How to Minimize Tax Payments for a Given Level of Income
- Understand How To Be More Efficient With Your Taxes
- Understand the Major Tax Features of the US Tax System
- Investments 1: Before you Invest
- Investments 2: Your Investment Plan
- Investments 3: Securities Market Basics
- Investments 4: Bond Basics
- Investments 5: Stock Basics
- Investments 6: Mutual Fund Basics
- Investments 7: Building Your Portfolio
- Investments 8: Picking Financial Assets
- Investments 9: Portfolio Rebalancing and Reporting
- Retirement 1: Basics
- Retirement 2: Social Security
- Retirement 3: Employer Qualified Plans
- Retirement 4: Individual and Small Business Plans
- Estate Planning Basics
Title: Personal Finance: Tax Planning
Course Description: This is an intermediate course on Tax Planning. It explains the different types of taxes, and emphasizes how to prepare basic income taxes. It also gives ideas on how to minimize your payments to the government.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate. This course is recommended for individuals with some college experience and some math ability.
Time to Complete: To complete this section, I estimate it will take about an hour, or two hours if you do the problems at the end of each sections.
Output: None. However, with the successful conclusion of this course, you will have a greater understanding of how to prepare your income taxes and how to reduce your tax bill.
Prerequisites for this Course: None. However, I recommend that you first review the sections on Another Perspective on Wealth and Setting Personal Goals before you start this lesson.