- Cash Management
- Realize the Importance of Good Cash Management in Achieving Your Goals
- Understand the Different Cash Management Alternatives and How to Compare Them
- Know the Different Types of Financial Institutions
- Understand the Time Commitment Necessary for You to Effectively Manage Your Finances
- Consumer and Mortgage Loans
- Debt and Debt Reduction
- Time Value of Money 1: Present and Future Value
- Time Value of Money 2: Inflation, Real Returns, Annuities, and Amortized Loans
- Insurance 1: Basics
- Insurance 2: Life Insurance
- Insurance 3: Health, Long-term Care, and Disability Insurance
- Insurance 4: Auto, Homeowners, and Liability Insurance
- The Home Decision
- The Auto Decision
- Family 1: Money and Marriage
- Family 2: Teaching Children Financial Responsibility
- Family 3: Financing Children’s Education and Missions
- Investments A: Key Lessons of Investing
- Investments B: Key Lessons of Investing
Title: Cash and Liquid Asset Management
Description: This is a intermediate course on the importance of understanding and managing your cash and short-term investments wisely. It considers both traditional and non-traditional cash management alternatives, and gives a history of interest rates for most alternatives.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate. This course is recommended for most individuals.
Time to Complete: To complete this course, I estimate it will take about forty minutes to an hour.
Output: None. There is provided a spreadsheet to help you calculate the taxable yield and equivalent taxable yields for various cash management alternatives (Learning Tool 26: After-tax, ETY, and After-inflation Returns) that may be helpful.
Prerequisites for this Course: I recommend that you complete the Another Perspective on Wealth course first.